Tuesday 14 May 2013

My Oga at the Top’ is Back: Shem resumes as NSCDC boss, Oyo State

The former Lagos State Commandant of Nigeria Security and Civil Defense Corps, NSCDC, Mr. Shem Obafaye, who postulated the ”My Oga at the top” mantra has finally resumed duty as Oyo State Commandant of the security agency.

Obafaye was replaced by Mr. Adesuyi Clement from Oyo State Command after his interview on Channels Television live programme ‘Sunrise’ about two months ago. Since then, no specific assignment was given to him until last week when he was asked to replace Adesuyi officially.

 
In a telephone conversation with  a source, Obafaye promised to discharge his duties with every sense of responsibility. ”I am determined to serve in Oyo State and I know God will help me,” he said.

Obafaye’s redeployment may not be unconnected with the interview he granted to Channels Television.

His ordeal started when he was asked during the interview the NSCDC website and he said:

“Hmmm, the website is, excuse me, my Oga at the top knows the website”. He again, cleared his throat and said: “My Oga at the top is working on the website and I don’t have them”.


When the presenters insisted that he give a functioning website address of the para-military outfit, he dropped the bombshell: “ww.nscdc that’s all”.

Immediately, the interview went viral and has become so popular to the extent that t-shirts with “my oga at the top” insignia were produced and sold like hot cake across the country. DJs and musicians also did what they called ‘a remix’ of the phrase.

Meanwhile, this latest development has put to an end, speculations that Mr Obafaye had been sacked on the orders of the Minister of Interior, who supervises the NSCDC. But authorities of NSCDC had continuously denied taking any disciplinary action against the embattled commandant

No comments:

Post a Comment