Friday 2 November 2012

Boko Haram can’t force me out –Yakowa

Boko Haram can’t force me out –YakowaKaduna State Governor, Patrick Yakowa, has dismissed calls for his resignation from office over the incessant bombings in the state. Speaking with newsmen yesterday at the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) national secretariat, the governor said he was on top of the security challenge facing the state, adding that there was no part of the world that was not facing security problem. “Let me say to you outright that I will not resign; there is absolutely no reason for me to resign.
We are on top of the security challenges we are facing in the state; we are working closely together with the Federal Government and the security agencies. There is no part of the world where you don’t have security challenges, let us be very frank with ourselves.” Explaining his mission at the party secretariat, Yakowa told journalists that he was on a visit to interact with members of the PDP National Working Committee (NWC).
“This is the headquarters of our party PDP and being a loyal party member, one must always come here to consult with the leadership, to interact with the leadership of the party so that, at least, as a loyal party leader, leader of the party in my state, I make sure that we properly understand the rules and regulations of the party and implement them.
“You can only do that if you regularly come to the party headquarters and interact with the leadership. “I can say to you that I have benefited tremendously from this visit that I made today and I will come more often.”
His Sokoto State counterpart, Aliyu Wamakko, who equally visited the party secretary said the governors were not at war with the party leadership, adding that “the governors are fully behind the party, working with the party so that the party can get what it wants.”

No comments:

Post a Comment