Wednesday 14 November 2012

Scramble for job lands grandpa in hospital

A chieftain of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in Edo state, Mr. Omokaro Izevbigie, is now receiving medical attention at the state Central Hospital after he was allegedly beaten to a pulp by some of his party members on Monday in Benin City.
The incident occurred during the Edo-south PDP meeting at the private residence of a former deputy governor of the state, Chief Lucky Imasuen.
Trouble was said to have started after a disagreement of “who gets what” amongst the warring groups over scramble for political appointment slots which led to a free-for-all fight.
Speaking with journalists in his hospital bed, the septuagenarian attributed his ordeal to the handiwork of a former chairman of the State Oil and Gas Producing Area Development Commission.
According to him, “He threatened to beat me, I thought he was joking, but no sooner I stepped out when the meeting was over than he started insulting me. I tried to slap him, but his junior brother came and hit me by the head and I fell. I had a small blackout, I hit my chest on an iron, then my eyes were turning me and people rushed in to revive me.”

No comments:

Post a Comment